Sonntag, 16. August 2009

Refashion – Blouse to girls dress

Refashion – Blouse to girls dress I actually made this dress (inspired of course from the wonderful blog MADE, where the talented Dana shows her great sewing projects) a few weeks ago, but never come around to make pictures of it. Since we had a very wet and cold summer so far there was only one opportunity to wear it and I did not think to make photos.
But for now it is hot, so please meet my take on the shirt dress!The blouse is a remnant from my office-days (which are thankfully over – forever if I can help it!). I liked the print but not so much the cut of it on me.

Refashion – Blouse to girls dress I traced an existing dress of F (who insists that she no longer is a goatling! At the moment she fancies herself a racoon. Oh to be a child again!) and started cutting. The crashed fabric made it a little bit difficult to get straight edges and I had to correct a few times – leaving me with a slightly narrower dress I had planned. If fits rather snugly but it will do for this “summer”.
The edges are finished with a white bias tape I cut out of a bed sheet.
From the sleeves I made a pair of pants, just sewed them together and added an elastic waistband. I do not have picture of them since these pants are now dubbed the pants-that-vanish. They are never where they are supposed to be and keep popping up at the oddest places. I blame F (the racoon), not my poor homemaking skills…

**************************************

Refashion – Blouse to girls dress Dieses Kleid habe ich eigentlich schon vor ca. vierzehn Tagen genäht (die Inspiration dafür stammt natürlich von dem wundervollen Blog MADE, in dem die talentierte Dana ihre Kreationen zeigt). Da es aber immer so schlecht Wetter war, hat F (sie besteht darauf, dass sie jetzt KEIN Geißlein mehr ist! Momentan ist das Fräulein ein Waschbär. Ach, Kind müsste man noch mal sein!) das Kleid erst einmal getragen und ich hab vergessen, ein Foto zu machen.
Jetzt gerade ist es aber heiß und da wurde Fräulein F sogleich zum Fotoshooting gebeten.
Die Bluse stammt aus meinen Büro-Zeiten (die hoffentlich für immer vorbei sind!), und ich mag den Druck aber weniger die Form. Ich hab dann einfach um ein Sommerkleid von F herum geschnitten, und die Kanten mit Schrägband eingefasst.

Refashion – Blouse to girls dress Aus den Ärmeln ist dann noch eine Hose entstanden, einfach zusammen genäht und einen elastischenBund dran gemacht, fertig. Ein Bild hab ich davon nicht, da die Hose immer irgendwie verschwunden ist und dann und wann an den undenkbarsten Plätzen auftaucht. Ich gebe einfach mal F (dem Waschbär) die Schuld und nicht meinen fragwürdigen Hausfrauen-Fähigkeiten…

Kommentare:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails